Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Coupon Craze

So, about a month ago, I decided that I would jump on this coupon craze bandwagon to see if it really worked. Cameron and I are trying so hard to be self-reliant and work on our food storage, so we decided that we would spend around $50 a month to try to build up a good storage. My good friend, Ellen (who is the coupon QUEEN... really), came over and showed me what to do. Our first few shopping trips were a big fiascos, as we were trying to get the right amount of things to get the discounts and to organize our coupons and all. I think I finally have some of this down... Yesterday I even got up early to go get a good deal on Huggies diapers (and I treasure my sleep, so that is huge for me!). In the end, I only spent $2.99 on jumbo packs of diapers, and got several boxes of cereal for $.50 a box. I got a bunch of other stuff too. I can't believe I ever paid full price for anything at the grocery store before. It's pretty fun to watch the total due drop to less than half every time I go to the store. Cameron made fun of me at first, but he is on board now, and our new Sunday night ritual is sitting in bed when the kids have gone to sleep clipping coupons and organizing them, then going through the ads to see if there is a dang good deal. So, if you see me at the grocery store, you may not want to get behind me in line, I most likely have a coupon for EVERYTHING I am buying. :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

this makes me laugh. especially that cameron is in on it after all his making fun of mom for scouring the ads for the best deals...

but, it is definitely worth it. i can't believe how much free stuff i've gotten since i started in january..
and, my food storage is growing and growing.. maybe cameron wants to come help me build some shelves for all of it. i'm running out of space!

Crystal said...

where do you find your good deals? I heard that the Sunday paper and then going online somewhere to find the best deals. I still haven't figured it out, yet. Can you teach me?

lyn. said...

You are amazing...

Mommy said...

You need to check out pinchingyourpennies.com