Sunday, June 15, 2008

She mde it!









Well, we are happy to announce that little Miss Emilie arrived on June 8th and is healthy! With the parade of homes being so crazy and all, I asked the doctor to push back my induction date. He said I couldn't do it over the weekend (which for our schedules was ideal-- the show is closed on Sunday and Monday) so I was going to be induced the following Tuesday. I was dead set on Sunday morning though, and I WILLED it to happen. I'm sure sweeping and lifting all the stuff to clean up the parade Saturday night helped it along a little but Emilie was just so aware of her mom and dad's stress, that she tried to help our lives out a bit. She came on her own and everything except the Epidural not working, went well. Over-all the recovery has been better physically... now if I could just catch up on my sleep and work, things should be okay. Needless to say that having a baby and trying to finish up the Parade has taken it's toll on our poor little family, but things should be getting back to normal this week (I hope!) We are so lucky to have so many people help us out during the last month or so. Anne, Nathalie, Caroline, Jolene, and Grandma Nola all came and helped with the kids, house, and parade this week, which we were SOOO grateful for. So far, Emilie has been a great baby. She sleeps a whole lot, and tolerates lots of holding and kissing from her older siblings. She has done great during the night, only waking up twice and going right back to sleep. The older girls LOVE being big sisters and love to hold and have "fun time" as Katelyn calls it with baby Emilie. We're not quite sure who she looks like. I think she has totally her own look. These are some pictures I stole from Caroline's blog because I haven't had time to get our stuff downloaded. Thanks again to everyone who supported the parade. We had LOTS of great comments, and are now just praying for that perfect buyer to come along.

1 comment:

lyn. said...

That first picture reminds me a lot of Camille, but the others don't! Oh, well I guess she is just her own Emilie. And what a cutie...