Well, my little Kate gets less and less little. She just turned six a few weeks ago, and I just can't grasp how fast time is flying by. She is such a blessing to our family, and keeps us entertained and on our toes. When I asked her what she wanted to do for her birthday party, she said she wanted to have a pillow fight... leave it to Kate to come up with something so great and simple. So we invited all the girls in her Kindergarten class and neighborhood and had a happenin' pajama party with pizza, popcorn, a movie and a pillow fight. A great time was had by all, and Kate was pleased with the turn-out and the gifts.
Over the long weekend, I begged Cameron for something I have been wanting for a really LOOOONG time... one day at home without the kids so I could clean and organize some things that have been BUGGING me for a while. He was nice enough to take the Monday holiday to bring the kids (minus the baby) to Kanosh to meet up with his dad. The two of them took the 3 kiddos to the Freemont Indian State Park, so Camille could do some research for her Native American Report.
They had a great time, and I am pleased to report that with the help of my sister Nathalie, we accomplished the following:
1) Completely dejunked and clean the girls room (we threw 2 boxes full of "treasures"' away that I'm sure the girls won't even miss).
2) Took everything out of their closet to shuffle what fits and doesn't fit and what we don't need anymore after going through 2 girls already.
3) Cleaned Spence's closet and did the same and cleaned and organized his dresser. I also dusted and vacuumed his room and hung up some things that I have been wanting to hang forever!
4) Put away all the baby clothes that Emmy has already grown out of and got rid of stuff that I don't think will make it through any other kids.
5) Hung pictures in Emmy's room from her first photo shoot. SOOOO cute!
6) Washed sheets.
7) Cleaned and organized the hair thing drawer (wow, that is a big job, my girls leave hair things all over the house).
8) Washed and folded, and put in it's place 12 FULL loads of laundry (no joke!!! I was REALLY behind).
9) Cleared off my dresser and put clothes away.
10) Vacuumed all the upstairs rooms.
11) Cleared and cleaned all the vanities upstairs.
Man it felt great! Then Cameron came home and said, "You didn't get anything downstairs done?" He OBVIOUSLY didn't realize how bad I felt the upstairs was. :(
Anyway, so I'm feeling better that I have a handle on things, and have vowed to never have that much laundry waiting for me again. I'll let you know how it goes. I hope everyone is having a good 2009 and enjoying every minute with all the stinkin' cute kids out there who grow up way too fast.
1 comment:
No wonder you have been even more "up beat" the last two weeks... LOL
Katy-Bugg has given me a great idea...
We should have a pillow fight for our next Faculty Party! :-D
It would be fun and not cost much!
Can't forget we're trimming the budgets...
Post a Comment