Well, I had a great, crazy trip to Canada this weekend. I plan on posting some pictures soon, but may not be until after Hawaii this coming week. The following is the top ten things I learned this weekend:
1) My dad can dance... yes... it's true, I witnessed it first hand. He did some crazy old Breton dance with all his siblings and dad. That was fun to watch! I even got some pictures.
2) I TRULY miss that I didn't grow up around cousins. It was fun to see that they all hang around each other and know each other well. At least I plan on that for my children.
3) I really want to try to teach my kids some basic French. I was amazed that my cousins and their kids are bilingual. It was way cool.
4) Papy is still going strong! Even at 90 years old, Papy hasn't missed a step and can party with the best of them.
5) Montreal is a really beautiful place. I was pleasantly surprised to see that there is a place where you can feel like you are in Europe with some beautiful architecture and atmosphere; yet have many of the conveniences I am used to. It is also very clean.
6) We come from a family who loves to sing and dance??? Yep, that's what Eleonore Magali's husband, Phillip, told me as we were preparing for the party. Those words sound so foreign when you use then while talking about my immediate family... but after witnessing the festivities, the Le Bras family is known for having a good time singing and dancing the night away.
7) Our extended family is cool. It was so much fun to learn more about Papy and my dad during this trip. We have a really neat family and I hope to learn more about them.
8) Never fly through JKF airport in New York. It is not the most kid-friendly place in the world. We also got stuck on the run-way forever waiting to take off. They say this is typical in NY. My arms were dead after holding Spencer for so long. He was awesome on the trip, but I told Cameron he had dibs on holding Spence for the Hawaii.
9) It is surprising to see how much French I remembered. I was nervous about going because my French is really rusty, but I did okay. I definitely understood more than I could speak, but I am glad to know I haven't forgotten everything. I plan on practicing more.
10) It was worth it! I loved spending time with family and even with the traveling with a heavy baby, it was still worth it!
I'll post the pictures ASAP, and we are off to Hawaii on Friday.
2 years ago
3 comments:
Welcome back!! Don't wait too long to start on the French lessons. They say after 4th grade it just gets harder and harder to learn. Is you Dad going to be their first teacher?
Can't wait to see your pictures...
Hmm, we seem to be the main culprits in NOT letting your kids live by their cousins...sorry about that. Of course, you guys could always move out here! We'll find a nice little one-bedroom rental home on a busy street for you guys to live in...on second thought, maybe we'll just promise to visit as much as possible.
Have fun in Hawaii!
glad you have fun in canada. ya, it's kind of depressing to hear and see home videos of all our family and cousins hanging out like weekly and we were never a part of that.
Post a Comment