Wednesday, February 10, 2010

What we've been up to...

We have been watching this guy change and grow...
Man I'm going to miss hanging out with him.
(I go back to work in a week and a half... boo!)

Going to the dentist
This was my first outing with ALL 5 of my kids by myself.
(Really the number 5 just pushed us over the edge, now it seems like people are staring).
The four who got checked out didn't have ANY cavities.
Oh happy day!
That's a first for us!

This is Spence practicing his mad brushing skills on the money with HUGE teeth.

Emmy did awesome until about his point when they ACTUALLY wanted to put their hands in her mouth. She loved the brushing and the playing with the toys and watching TV.


We CELEBRATED Katie's birthday a few times!
She had a party with her 23 "closest" friends and family members at
Classic Skating, then we her TRADITIONAL family dinner that Sunday
where she chose the menu:
Noodles with white sauce
Chicken and mushrooms on the side (for the adults Kate told me)
Carrots and chips with ranch dip
Fruit Tray with Yogurt Dip
Salad
and
Lemonade
I also made this Lemon cake that literally was tipping over... it didn't look so pretty, but MAN oh MAN did it taste good!

And then the next week, just cause we all needed some more cake... we decided to have a birthday party for Buzz and Woody (Spencer's toys)... the kids helped me make a cake
and we took turns re-lighting and blowing out the candles. Spencer
thought that was pretty cool
(the picture of the other kids doing it didn't turn out so great because Emmy was moving too much)...Kate was getting so upset because every time it was her turn to blow, Emmy
would blow them out before she could. We kept having
to relight.

And because you KNOW I love a good party...
we hosted our dear friend Betsy's bridal shower at our house.
There were literally 80 people there, so it was a crazy mad house.
I spent the whole week before cleaning and organizing the house.
It was the cleanest/most organized it has been since we have lived here.
I love a good excuse to clean up.
The food was good, and the company was great!
After, there was a bachelorette party.
I jumped on an opportunity to get out of the house with NO kids to enjoy some fun "GIRL" time
with all these ladies.

And... I've been watching this guy's male pattern baldness happening. His HEAD has LITERALLY grown so much since he was born that his hairline has moved and he now
has some major male pattern baldness going on.
I told Cameron he LOOKS like an old man.
...but still so DANG cute!

1 comment:

lyn. said...

We should have a coming back party for you in one and a half weeks, and you can bring the lemon cake...